- 1lb Ground Beef (I used extra lean)
- 2TBSP Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup Water
- 4oz Cream Cheese (I used ricotta, since I really dislike cream cheese, but it made it all grainy. I’ll prolly try cream cheese if I make this again.)
- 14-16 JUMBO SHELLS (I used both shells and manicotti, since I still had 7 manicotti pieces left.)
- 1.5 cups Salsa (The original poster of this recipe used red salsa. I used green, which I prefer. Although it does make for a rather unappetizing picture.)
- 1 cup Taco Sauce (Again, I used green instead of red)
- 1 cup Cheddar (grated)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack (grated)
- Optional: Sour Cream on top
- Cook ground beef. Drain the fat. Make sure you have hot water running while you drain it so that it doesn’t clog your pipes.
- Add taco seasoning and 1 cup water. Let it reduce down until it looks more like taco stuffing and is no longer sloppy.
- Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Mix together well.
- Set aside & cool completely (yeah… right. I did it while it was still warm. NO BIGGIE!)
- Cook your noodles
- Pour salsa on the bottom of you baking dish (it’s suggested to use a 9”x13”. Use whatever you have!)
- PREHEAT OVEN to 350*F
- Stuff shells w/ meat mixture. Place in your baking dish.
- Cover with taco sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. When your timer goes off take them out, take off foil, sprinkle your cheddar and monterey (I didn’t have enough cheese, since our cheddar was starting to mold, and we didn’t have any monterey. Still tasted good though.)
- Put in for another 10-15 mins.
- SERVE AND ENJOY!! Serve with Sour cream, tomatoes, and olives if you like!
I found this dish ok. It’s not my favourite, but The Boy seemed to really enjoy it. Guess that’s all that matters :)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm novice cookinggg
if only it were a little underdone..
Red curry, chicken variety. Also that bowl.
Garbage plate: an upstate New York culinary specialty. Home fries and mayo-macaroni, topped with hamburger, American cheese slices, chili sauce, and horseradish. This meal will act as a sedative, so don’t drive or operate large machinery after partaking.